Restorative dentistry refers to dental care that restores the mouth and teeth to their original appearance and function. The goal is to preserve teeth and promote dental health. Here are examples of the restorative dentistry services About Smiles offers.
Same-Day Crowns (CEREC): Saving you time
In the past, getting a dental crown to restore a problem tooth required multiple visits to the dentist. No longer. About Smiles provides CEREC, an advanced dental restoration product that uses computer-assisted technology. With CEREC, teeth can be restored in a single sitting. You’ll get a high-quality, long-lasting crown in one office visit.
- Computer-aided system produces a custom crown from a 3D image
- We create a crown that’s virtually indistinguishable from a natural tooth
- Immediate permanent crown eliminates the need for a temporary crown
Root Canals: Preventing further pain and infection
The purpose of a root canal is to repair or save a tooth affected by deep decay, cracks or other damage. Root canals require quick treatment to prevent infection and additional health problems. When you need a root canal, About Smiles in Austin works to make the experience as comfortable as possible while providing the highest quality treatment.
- Our expert dentist performs root canals with precision and efficiency
- Prolonged decay can lead to an abscess (infection) and other health problems
- We offer sedation dentistry to relieve your anxiety and discomfort
Tooth-Colored Fillings: Offering an alternative to silver
If you want to replace your silver fillings or have concerns about mercury, tooth-colored fillings provide an appropriate solution. About Smiles in Austin offers composite white fillings that blend in more naturally with the color of your teeth. These fillings serve the same function as silver fillings, but are much more subtle and less noticeable.
- Color-matched to your natural tooth’s shade
- Less susceptible to breakage and temperature changes
- Long lifespan, lasting 7-10 years with proper oral care
Full Mouth Restoration: Rebuilding your smile
Full mouth restoration is the use of multiple dentistry methods to correct the relationship between gums, bones, muscles and teeth. About Smiles’ skilled and experienced staff will design a reconstruction plan to give you the smile you’ve always wanted. If you have severely damaged teeth or gums, we’ll restore your mouth’s function and appearance.
- We work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs
- We evaluate your condition to determine if reconstruction is the best option
- Ideal for individuals with missing teeth, severely worn, decayed or eroded teeth, traumatic injuries to the mouth, or congenital disorders
Dentures and Partials: Giving you more options
At About Smiles in Austin, we offer a variety of removable prosthetic options to meet your unique dental needs. These options include removable partial dentures (known as “partials”), as well as high-quality customized dentures and dentures that lock in place. We’ll help you get a set of fully functioning teeth that will look and feel great.
- You choose the color and shape of your new teeth
- Customized dentures and partial solutions to meet your individual needs
- We can repair, reline and adjust to address any denture/partial concerns
Fixed Bridges: Improving your smile, bite and speech
If you have missing teeth, a porcelain fixed bridge may provide the solution you’ve been looking for. A fixed bridge consists of two crowned teeth with a false tooth in the middle. About Smiles offers fixed bridges to give patients a stable and natural-looking way to restore your smile that can also help improve your bite and speech.
- Fixed bridges can last from 10-20 years with appropriate oral care
- Requires one or two adjacent teeth missing with healthy teeth on each side
- May improve jaw, bite, chewing and speech, and help reposition surrounding teeth