Cosmetic dentistry is dental work intended to improve the appearance of your teeth, gums or bite, and, of course, enhance your smile. Here’s a sample of the various cosmetic dentistry services we provide at About Smiles in Austin.
Teeth Whitening: Brightening and renewing your smile
Are you looking to restore the natural whiteness of your teeth? About Smiles offers teeth whitening services that can be completed in a single office visit. You will see immediate results, leaving the office with your bright, beautiful smile renewed. Our safe, effective whitening treatment uses advanced technology to deliver you fast, amazing results.
- Works best for patients who have stained or discolored teeth
- Completed in office during one appointment (approximately 45 minutes)
- If seeking to change shape and brighten, you may want to consider veneers
Veneers: Improving the appearance of your teeth
For individuals looking to change the appearance of their teeth, covering any gaps or broken or stained teeth, porcelain veneers may provide the ideal solution. About Smiles in Austin offers veneers to give you the smile that you’ve dreamed about. Veneers are placed in front of your teeth. They are made from porcelain, so they are strong, stain-resistant and long lasting. Get the perfect smile you’ve always wanted with veneers.
- Veneers can typically be applied in two office visits
- Permanently adhered to the front of your teeth for long-lasting results
- Ideal for stained teeth, chipped/broken teeth, gaps, or irregularly shaped teeth
Bonding: Correcting the contours of your smile
If you have chipped teeth or gaps between teeth, bonding and contouring may offer a cosmetic solution. About Smiles in Austin provides quick and painless bonding services to help improve the appearance of your smile. We bond a resin to the tooth’s surface and shape it to rebuild the contour of the tooth. For some patients, bonding may offer a more convenient and affordable alternative to porcelain veneers.
- Procedure can be completed in one office visit
- Typically last 5-10 years with consistent oral care
- Ideal for slightly chipped, gapped, misaligned, discolored or irregular teeth
Cosmetic Wax-Up: Showing you results ahead of time
What is a “wax-up”? It’s a wax model of what your teeth will look like after a dental procedure. About Smiles provides cosmetic wax-ups so you can see what your beautiful smile will look like as the result of your dental services. We take a mold of your teeth as they appear now and use it to create a wax-up of how they will appear after treatment.
- Allows us to make any adjusts necessary before we start treatment
- Enables you to see the impact your cosmetic procedure will have on your smile
- Makes patients more comfortable and confident before a procedure
Remove Dark Lines Around Crowns: Fixing flaws
When you have crowns, sometimes the metal underneath can become exposed causing dark lines to appear. If you have dark lines around your dental crowns, there is a solution. About Smiles can remove dark lines by replacing your problem crowns with all-porcelain crowns. With all-porcelain crowns, you will not experience dark lines.
- Eliminates dark rim around the gum tissue caused by exposed metal crowns
- A good options for front teeth, which are fully exposed every time you smile
- If you are allergic to metal, all-porcelain crowns are the best solution for you
Snap-On Smiles: Giving you the confidence to smile
Snap-On Smile is an easy, painless and affordable way to obtain a beautiful smile. About Smiles in Austin can provide you a Snap-On Smile that is thin and strong with the look of natural teeth. It fits right over your existing teeth to give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile – even if you have stains, chips, gaps or missing teeth. It’s easy to care for and can be a temporary or permanent cosmetic solution.
- High-tech dental resin make it very thin yet extremely strong
- Requires two short visits with no drilling, no shots and no change in tooth structure
- Ideal for those who are not candidates for bridges or implants, or individuals with removable partial dentures
LUMINEERS: Providing an alternative to veneers
In contrast to traditional veneers, LUMINEERS don’t require shots or drilling, minimizing patient discomfort. LUMINEERS are ultra thin so they can be applied seamlessly over your existing teeth in only two easy visits to the dentist. About Smiles offers patients LUMINEERS to bring out the beautiful, healthy, permanently-white smile in you.
- Proven to last for over 20 years
- Can be completed in just two easy office visits
- Sensitivity-free, permanently white results that last
Digital Imaging: Showing you picture-perfect results
About Smiles uses the latest technology to provide you with a better all-around dental experience. One such technology is Digital Imaging, which creates a visual of various cosmetic dentistry treatments. All we need is a close-up photo of you, and our digital imaging software shows you how your selected treatment option will impact your smile.
- Print images of what you will look like after your dental procedure
- See before and after photos of your old smile versus your new smile
- Helps us give you the perfect smile you want!