Comprehensive dentistry is an approach to dental diagnosis and treatment that addresses the entire mouth as a system (rather than individual teeth) to maintain excellent overall health. About Smiles provides these comprehensive dentistry services.
Digital Imagery: Developing a detailed dental view
Today’s advanced technology provides tools for getting a better picture of your dental health. At About Smiles in Austin, we use state-of-the-art tools like digital imaging to get a detailed, 3-D view of your mouth and teeth. Digital imagery technology enables us to offer more thorough examinations and make accurate and confident diagnoses.
- Powerful imaging tools enhance patient communication
- Help evaluate patients for grafting needs and nerve locations
- Map out canals and oral structures for procedures like root canals
Smile Makeovers: Bringing your perfect smile to life
It’s amazing what a difference a smile can make. A smile makeover is the process of using one or more procedures to give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. About Smiles in Austin will give you a smile makeover, transforming your teeth to boost your confidence and enhance your appearance. Let us help you smile more.
- We offer a full spectrum of cosmetic and restorative dental procedures
- Treatment may include whitening, veneers, tooth-colored fillings and more
- You can view photos or a “wax up” of what your new smile will look like
Laser Dentistry: Treating your teeth with technology
Laser dentistry is the latest advancement in dental technology, treating a range of dental and cosmetic problems from cavities to teeth whitening. About Smiles professionals are trained in using laser technology to provide you the most effective treatment possible. Our innovative equipment provides a more precise and comfortable patient experience.
- Laser teeth whitening tool speeds up the whitening process
- Eliminates the need for local anesthesia (shots) in certain procedures
- Offers faster healing time after treatment and less discomfort
Sleep Apnea Treatment: Helping you get some z’s
Affecting millions of Americans, sleep apnea is a disorder characterized by abnormal pauses in breathing during sleep. Some people find their sleep mildly disrupted while others wake up gasping for air. If you suffer from sleep apnea, About Smiles may be able to help you find an appliance or other oral solution to get a good night’s sleep.
- Appliances are available to help prevent airway blockage during sleep
- We provide recommendations on how you can curb sleep apnea and snoring
- Talk to Dr. Hoover if other sleep apnea solutions haven’t worked for you
Migraine Tooth Grinding Treatment: Providing relief
If you experience consistent migraines or jaw pain, you may be grinding your teeth in your sleep. Grinding your teeth can cause a myriad of dental health problems so it’s important to seek treatment. About Smiles can fit you with a customized night guard or other appliance to protect your teeth from grinding, and prevent jaw pain and migraines.
- Grinding can cause jaw pain, cracked teeth, broken crowns and wear on teeth
- Having a guard between your teeth at night can help preserve your teeth
- Specific oral appliance can help eliminate the causes of migraines
TMJ Treatment: Alleviating face and jaw discomfort
TMJ disorders are problems of the jaw joint. Because muscles and joints work together, a problem with either one can lead to stiffness, headaches, ear pain, bite problems, clicking sounds or locked jaw. About Smiles takes a comprehensive approach to TMJ treatment. We work with you to diagnose the problem and discuss treatment options.
- An estimated 75% of Americans have experienced symptoms of a TMJ disorder
- TMJ disorders can lead to problems ranging from headaches to locked jaw
- We are familiar with a variety of conservative TMJ treatments